Last update: June, 20th 2022
I. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Applicable regulations
Customers are hereby notified, and accept, that their personal data will be collected from the website www.laboutique-beneteau.com (the “Website”) and processed by the company SPBI, which legal information appears on the Website (the “Company”) acting in its capacity as Data Controller, according to the terms of Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the General Data Protection Regulation - “GDPR”).
2. Processing of personal data
Customers’ personal data, such as their identity, postal address, telephone number and email address, are processed exclusively with their consent.
It is mandatory to provide the details marked with an asterisk in the forms on the Website in order to enable Customers’ requests and Orders to be processed. If these details are not provided, Customers’ requests and Orders will not be able to be processed.
The data recorded is reserved for use by the Company’s internal departments, and especially the Communication and Marketing, After-Sales and Customer Relations departments.
Personal data may also be made accessible to the Company’s service providers (especially for the purposes of hosting the Website and the payment of orders). In this case, Customers’ personal data may only be notified to third parties for the purposes envisaged in the present informative notice or subject to receiving your consent. Service providers act in accordance with the Company’s instructions, and are required to put in place appropriate measures to protect personal data.
Customers’ personal data are collected for the following purposes:
- Managing Orders and Customer Relations;
- Notifying Customers of sales offers and information relating to the Company;
- Reinforcing and enhancing communication about the Website and the Company, especially by sending newsletters and special offers in accordance with Customers’ preferences identified through the Website;
- Enhancing and personalising the services offered to Customers;
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations.
Customers’ personal data are conserved:
- If no Order is placed by the Customer: for a period of three (3) years;
- If the Customer places an Order: for a period of time corresponding to the duration of the Product guarantee, to which must be added the applicable period of legal prescription, i.e., five (5) years for claims of contractual or extra-contractual civil liability, excluding personal injury.
- for a period of thirteen (13) months starting from their introduction/creation (in the case of cookies).
3. Exercising of rights relating to personal data
In accordance with the GDPR, Customers benefit from:
- a right of access, rectification, erasure and portability of the personal data concerning them;
- a right of restriction and objection to the processing of their personal data for legitimate reasons;
- the possibility of issuing instructions to the Company to organise what action should be taken for their personal data (conservation, erasure, communication to third parties, etc.) after their death;
(The above together form the “Data Protection Rights”).
In order to exercise one or more Data Protection Rights, Customers must send a request by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each request to exercise Information Data Protection Rightsshall be signed and accompanied by the photocopy of an identity document bearing the Customer’s signature and specifying the address to which the Company should reply. The reply to the request exercised on the basis of one or more Data Protection Rights will be addressed within a maximum time limit of two (2) months starting from the receipt of the request by the Company.
The Customer also benefits from a right of appeal to a national regulatory authority such as the French National Commission for Data Protection Rights in the event of any breach of the regulations applicable in terms of the protection of personal data, and specifically the GDPR.
Customers may, moreover, unsubscribe at any time from newsletters or any other communication sent by the Company by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in each newsletter, etc.
When visiting this Website, certain items of information relating to Customers’ browsing habits are likely to be recorded in files called “Cookies” installed on their terminals (computers, tablets, mobile phones or any other device enhanced so as to use the Internet). These cookies are issued by the Company in order to better meet the Customers’ expectations and improve their online experience.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that, via your browser, is placed in a dedicated space on the hard disk of Customers’ terminals during their visits to a website or when consulting an advertisement. It contains several items of personal information, and specifically the name of the server that placed it there (i.e., the server of the website that you are visiting), a username in the form of a single number and possibly an expiry date for the cookie concerned.
Cookies enable their issuer to recognise the Customers’ terminals in which they are registered, to collect data related to their browsing on websites and to propose personalised services to them. Cookies do not contain any information that identifies the Customer personally and which only the issuer of the cookies can read or modify in terms of the information contained in them.
3. The management of cookies by Customers
Customers may control and manage the installation of these cookies on their terminal by adjusting their browser settings.
It is thus possible to set the browser in such a way as to accept or reject all cookies either systematically or according to their issuer. It is also possible for Customers to choose to be automatically informed when a cookie is registered on their terminal.
In order to benefit from greater control in terms of management of cookies, Customers may set their browser in such a way that the acceptance or refusal of cookies is occasionally proposed, before a cookie is likely to be placed on its hard disk by the server of the website that the Customer visits.